Budget coming soon
General Information Tuition and Fees:
Tuition and fees for K through 8th Grade vary by number of children attending Costa Catholic Academy as well as your family's registration at a local Galesburg Catholic Parish. Each Galesburg Catholic Parish subsidizes Costa with approximately 45% of their weekly collection, so families who commit to weekly parish contributions are allowed a subsidized tuition rate.
Preschool/PreK tuition and fees are determined by the number of days (full or half) your child attends preschool every week.
PLEASE NOTE: COSTA WILL BE USING OPTION C FOR TUITION MANAGEMENT INSTEAD OF FACTS. PLEASE DIRECT QUESTIONS PAYMENT QUESTIONS TO BUSINESS MANAGER MARK TRESSELL 344-3162 OR REGISTRATION QUESTIONS TO JOE BURESH AT 344-3151.
Please visit our Invest in Kids page to learn more about Illinois' new tax credit for Catholic schools.
For the 2016-17 school year, families applying for any financial assistance from the Diocese of Peoria and/or Costa Catholic Academy must complete a FACTs application. As in past years, both the Diocese of Peoria and the Costa Catholic Academy Scholarship Committee will be using FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Services to objectively determine financial need for the 2016-17 school year. Click here to learn more about the benefits of FACTS.
Families that apply for the Diocesan Spalding Scholarship will also be considered for financial assistance from Costa. Read and follow instructions carefully to ensure that you will be considered in the applicant pool for all financial awards. There can be no exceptions to the deadline dates so we recommend you start early with the application process. Please call Mark Tressell at 344-3151 if you have any questions.
Costa Catholic Academy St. Crescent Scholarship
Applicants who apply for the Diocesan Spalding Scholarship (paper or online) are automatically in the applicant pool for the Costa St. Crescent Scholarship. The procedure to follow if you are only applying for Costa’s financial assistance is included in the Costa Protocol-Procedures – 2016-17.doc (See Spalding Grant Page)
After the Diocesan deadline date, only online applications will be accepted for the St. Crescent Scholarship since Costa has consented to “Going Green”. The Costa application deadline date of May 2, 2016 for all forms, supporting schedules and the fee will be strictly adhered to in order for all families to be included when award allocations are made.
Diocese of Peoria Spalding Scholarship
For detailed instructions on how to apply for a Spalding Scholarship, open the file below that describes the Protocol & Procedures for 2016-17. All forms, documents, recommendations and the $30 FACTS filing fee must be submitted by the application deadline of March 15, 2016 for Diocesan consideration for a Spalding Scholarship. If this is your first time to apply for financial assistance be sure to note where you are to send the various documents that are required.
- A family applying for Spalding Scholarship assistance must be an active member in good standing of a parish in the Catholic Diocese of Peoria.
- The student[s] for whom the aid is being sought must be enrolled in good standing [or seeking to be enrolled] in grades K through 12 in a Catholic school located in the Diocese of Peoria.
- All scholarship assistance will be based on a family’s financial need objectively assessed: The diocese will use FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Services to determine financial need.
- All scholarship assistance will also be dependent upon the recommendation of the pastor that the family is an active member of the parish in good standing.
- If a student changes schools during a school year, tuition assistance grants will follow the student as long as the student is enrolled in and in good standing in a Catholic school in the Diocese of Peoria and the family is a member in good standing of a parish in the Diocese of Peoria.
- All awards are for one school year only. A family must apply for Spalding Scholarship assistance each school year.
- The number of grants and the amount of each grant for the school year will be dependent upon the funds available and the size and need of the applicant pool.
- Payment of Spalding Scholarship Grants will be made twice a year directly to the Catholic school a student attends. These grants will be applied to the family’s tuition obligation. Tuition assistance grants will be announced by the end of May 2018.
- If the student receives an Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship for full or partial tuition for 2018-19, (qualifications and application information can be found at www.empowerillinois.org), they are ineligible to receive a Spalding Scholarship, and any Spalding award previously granted for 2018-19 will be rescinded.
- Families interested in applying for tuition assistance from the Spalding Scholarship Fund must complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Application. Filing online is the fastest and most direct method of submitting the FACTS Grant & Aid Application. Filing onlineis the fastest and most direct method of submitting the application and required supporting tax documents. A family may also obtain a printed copy of the FACTS Grant & Aid Application from the school that their child attends or will attend, and complete it according to directions. The application and supporting tax documents must also be remitted to FACTS by April 15, 2018.
- The completed FACTS application, the fee ($30), and any required supporting documents are to be filed with FACTS according to their directions.
- Families must also request the pastor submit a recommendation to the Office of Catholic Schools verifying good standing in the parish.
- The application process is complete only when the pastor’s recommendation has been submitted to the Office of Catholic Schools and when a completed parent financial aid application, including all required supporting documents and the fee, have been submitted to FACTS. It is important to submit applications and documents as soon as possible. Only completed applications which include supporting documents submitted on or before April 15, 2018 will be considered when Spalding assistance awards are determined.
- A checklist for a Spalding Scholarship Application as well as a downloadable version of these Protocols and Proceduresmay also be found below