Costa Catholic Academy's library is easily accessible for all students. Students go as a class to the library at least once a week.
Costa is proud to offer an Accelerated Reading (AR) Program to students from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Library Information For Students and Parents
- Library books are checked out for one week.
- All library books are due back in the library by date stamped on inside cover of book.
- Students may renew a books for an additional week. A library books must be at school in order to renew.
- Students may not check out a library book unless they have returned their book from the previous week.
- Library fines on overdue books will be accessed at 5 cents per school day until the return of the book.
- If your child receives and "Overdue Library Book" slip, please tape late fine money to the slip and return to school. Please do not tape money on the book.
- If a student has lost a book or the book becomes severely damaged, a bill for the book will be sent home in the mail. Any lost books will be paid for at replacement cost. All books to be replaced will be ordered by the librarian.
- Please find a special spot at home to keep library books away from pets, and from small children who do not know how to care for books.
- Library books can come back to school before the actual library due date. Each classroom has a library book return crate.
- Mark you child's library day on your calendars at home and help your child to be organized and ready for that day.
If you have any questions, please contact the Costa Librarian, Ida Hoben at firstname.lastname@example.org.