DONATE TO ANNUAL APPEAL:
Annual Fund Drive
Costa Catholic Academy is one of the best elementary schools in Galesburg, because our teachers and students have the tools to excel. The Annual Fund Drive provides the immediate support for numerous improvements: the latest technology and hardware, up to date teaching tools and classroom equipment, teacher enrichment so that our teachers grow professionally with the latest in teaching methods, safety and security for everyone on campus, maintenance and upkeep that keep our campus attractive, and financial assistance providing socio-economic diversity in our student body.
Why Give to the Costa Annual Fund? Annual giving is one of the most important areas in an organization’s fund-raising efforts. Annual giving consists of many separate solicitation vehicles. When these vehicles are assembled together with skill, they can form the foundation of the institution’s philanthropic support. As Costa's annual fund-raising program, the Costa Annual Fund has the mission to reach out to as many alumni as possible and to raise unrestricted support for the school. The above statement, however, demonstrates that Costa’s Annual Fund gifts are vital to the health and continued growth of the entire school. The breadth of Costa's contributions to society is truly astounding. Every day, incredible faculty, exceptional students, and distinguished alumni around the world are advancing our world in the areas of research, the humanities and the arts. And from its inception, Costa has welcomed students of all backgrounds with a desire to learn and contribute to society. However, endowment funding covers only part of what the school needs each year to continue offering the outstanding programs, student aid, and faculty development that is Costa's legacy. The gap between a budget line and the schools actual need-is covered each year by Annual Fund gifts.
Four reasons to support to the Annul Fund Drive
- Your donation improves the quality of education each student at Costa Catholic Academy receives, helps maintain the safe and inviting campus facilities and insures that our teachers are trained with the latest teaching methods.
- Tuition and fees do not cover the true costs of a Costa Catholic Academy education. The Annual Fund Drive helps us close the gap between tuition and the real cost. Endowments and interest income also help us close the gap.
- Contributions are tax-deductible. Your donation helps Costa Catholic Academy and your tax liability can be reduced with a contribution to our school.
- Any gift helps. Corporations and foundations often look at the number of contributors when selecting the level at which they will support Costa Catholic. Your gift may actually help us receive other gifts.
Annual Fund Goal: $50,000.00
Your gift is tax deductible.
For more information or if you have comments or questions,
email email@example.com or call us at 1-309-344-3151.
GIVING & MEMORIALS:
Bequests through Wills, Life Insurance, Life Income Agreements and Retirements Plans are the most common forms of Planned Giving. Approximately 80% of all Planned Giving are bequests, while Life Insurance policies are on the upswing in Planned Giving. Insurance gifts usually produce a sizable gift for a relatively small investment by donors. Donors should consult with their tax advisers and/or attorney to obtain the benefits of each gift. ALL GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Anyone interested in making a planned gift to Costa Catholic should contact the Development Office at (309) 344-3155.
Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
By contributing a stock owned for more than a year, a person can realize a tax deduction in an amount up to 30% of adjusted gross income. It also provides an opportunity to bypass the capital gains tax. Anyone wishing more information on making stock, bond or mutual funds contributions to Costa Catholic, should contact the Development Office at (309) 344-3155.
ALL GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Endowment funds are to an organization what retirement plans are to an individual - they represent money for use in the future. Endowment funds provide the dollars to underwrite special programs, maintain the campus and its buildings, and provide scholarship funds for students with financial needs. Strong endowment programs provide financial stability and enable the School to plan for the future. The endowment and designated funds are deemed "permanent," ie. the principle is held intact and only the income generated by the endowment's principal is spent each year.
Costa Catholic has the following endowment and designated funds:
- Costa Catholic Academy Endowment Fund - Established in 1997, this fund was created as a vehicle to be able to accept gifts of property, stocks, and bequests. The principal is never disturbed. 70% of interest income is distributed to Costa with the remaining 30% being added to principal. The income Costa earns from this fund is used for general operating costs, building maintenance and to maintain our library.
- Fr. Costa Endowment - This fund was created to provide funds to financially aid students who wish to attend Costa Catholic, but might not be able to due to family financial constraints.
- Building and Grounds Designated Fund - This fund was created to provide the continuing care and improvement of the buildings and grounds of the Costa Catholic campus. These funds are to be used for needs beyond those that can be covered through the yearly operations budget.
- St. Crescent Scholarship - Each year a Scholarship committee reviews applications received from families who wish to provide their children with the benefits of a Costa Catholic education, but may be unable to do so due to family financial constraints.
- Technology Designated Fund - Established in 2006, the fund was created to ensure that technology on the Costa Catholic campus can keep pace with the rapid changes in technology. This enables the School to continue to provide its students with the most innovative learning tools possible across the campus.
- Operations Designated Fund - Established to provide assistance to the operating budget, especially in the area of salaries and benefits.
- Music Fund – This fund keep music alive from Kindergarten on up. Funds available are used for sheet music, musical instruments, music curriculum, performance fees, etc. Music funds also include the band program. (Naming rights available.) Fine Art Fund – This fund allows various forms of art, drama, dance, costumes and more available to students preschool through eighth grade. (Naming rights available.)
- Memorials - Monetary memorial gifts from friends and family make possible the many necessities of the school. It is hoped that our friends will remember in their wills in order that a sufficient environment may be maintained. Memorials may be sent to: Development Director, Costa Catholic Academy, 2726 Costa Drive, Galesburg, IL 61401
If the family of a loved one would like to designate how the memorial is spent they may do so with the proper paperwork completed. In the past family and friends have offered their gift for tuition assistance, music, library and other areas that will help the school. In the main hallway of the Costa building, a Memorial Wall with two sizes of attached plaques line our hall. For memorials gifts with a minimum of $500.00, the loved one’s name is added to our Memorial Wall and for gifts of $1,000.00 or more, a larger plaque is added. The family should decide how they wish the name to read on the plaque.
ANNUAL DINNER AUCTION:
If you would like to learn more about how you can help by donating time, treasure and/or talent, please contact Jaime L. Dunker in the Costa Development Office at 309-344-3151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to ensure an invitation to this event, please contact Jaime L. Dunker in the Costa Development Office at 309-344-3151 or email@example.com
Magazine Drive & Delicious Made Easy Sales Drive
We appreciate your continued support. If you would like to renew your magazine subscription throughout the year, go to: gafundraising.com
Delicious Made Easy is a catalog full of frozen foods and other delicious items.
Follow the instructions below.
Ordering magazines and many other items is now as easy as a couple of clicks.
- Click on this link: www.gafundraising.com
- Click on the "shop now" tab at the top of the fundraising website.
- Enter Code "363226".
- Enter the name of the student for which you want to give credit. (You do not have to name anyone)
- Shop the website - select your items.
The new addition was built in 2015 and in October of 2015 a memorial garden was built. You can purchase your memory brick and be included in this project that will continue to grow. The memorial area is located at the entrance way of the new addition.
The David Van Drunen Trust is to be used to financially assist any child attending Costa that has been diagnosed with autistic tendencies. In the event that those families are not in need of financial assistance, any monies left over may be used to provide assistance to those that qualify by the school’s standards.
An event will be hosted each year to raise awareness and funds for the David Van Drunen Trust.
July 9th, 2018
Save the date for our annual Golf Outing to benefit Costa! More details to come.